These cookies are an absolute dream! What makes these even better is that they are so simple and don’t even require a homemade crust! These cookies are not only easy, but they are also extremely tasty, so watch out, a sugar high will be in your future as soon as you consume one! The one thing that I will caution you on is that one batch, makes 6 cookies. So I would highly consider doubling, or tripling this if you are making these for a party. See below for the recipe!
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tbsp of water
- 1 10oz jar of lemon curd
- 1 box of Pillsbury Pie Crusts
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay parchment paper on flat surface where you will be preparing the cookies.
- Un-roll both crusts and lay one flat on the parchment paper.
- Spread the lemon curd over the crust leaving an inch around the outside.
- Use as much or as little lemon curd as you want, but be aware that the more you add, the harder it will be to seal the cookies.
- After the lemon curd is spread, cover it with the second crust.
- Using a sharp biscuit cutter, or round cookie cutter, cut the dough to form the cookies.
- After the cookies have been cut press down on the outside around the cookies to make sure they are sealed.
- Cut an x into the center of each cookie.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and water together to make an egg wash.
- Spread the egg wash over the tops of the cookies.
- Sprinkle sugar on the tops and bake them for 12-15 minutes.
- Let cool for at LEAST 30 minutes before consuming, they will be VERY hot.
I found this recipe from the website below!
Don’t Forget the Sprinkles!