These donuts are the easiest, and tastiest donuts that I have ever made! My mother told me that she always used to make these for me growing up, and I am surprised that I don;t remember these judging by how good they taste. These literally taste like the donuts that you get at chinese buffets that melt in your mouth, and my mouth is watering while I am typing this! I have tried to bake donuts before, and it is not a skill I have perfected yet, but these bad boys were deep fried, the best way to make a donut, and i have never found something to be easier! Not to mention I just used canned biscuits as my dough. These literally took less than ten minutes to make, so if you are in a bind and need a quick breakfast to take to work, or dessert, try these! They are truly like magic, but be careful…they are sinful!
- 2 cans biscuit dough
- vegetable oil
- 2-3 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 stick butter
- Fill your pan with about an inch of vegetable oil on medium heat.
- Cut holes out of the center of your biscuit to create the donut.
- When the oil gets hot use a pair of tongs to drop the donuts into the oil.
- Fry on both sides until golden, and you see the dough is cooked through the middle.
- Lay on a plate covered in paper towels to dissolve some of the oil.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together.
- Melt butter.
- Dip the donut in the butter and then in the cinnamon sugar mixture. I also dipped the bottom of donut in the sugar as well.
- If you want to use the holes that you cut out of the center to make donut holes go for it! Don’t let anything go to waste!
Don’t Forget the Sprinkles!