What’s better than cinnamon rolls for breakfast? Cinnamon roll cookies for dessert of course! These delicious cookies are truly a sweet treat that reminds me of my favorite breakfast as a kid! Not only are these cookies light and fluffy, but the sweet icing on top makes the treat complete! See below for the complete recipe!
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp butter(for filling)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla(for icing)
- 4 tbsp milk
- Mix butter and sugar until creamed together.
- Add vanilla and baking soda and mix.
- Add flour one cup at a time and mix until well combined.
- Add buttermilk and mix until well combined.
- Refrigerate dough for at least one hour.
- Create the filling by melting the 2 tbsp of butter.
- Add brown sugar and cinnamon to the butter and mix until well combined.
- After the dough has chilled for an hour, spread flour on a flat surface and begin to flatten the dough until it is 1/4 thick. You will want to make sure that it is in a rectangle so that it can easily be rolled up.
- Add the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture and spread over the dough until it is spread out along the entire surface.
- Roll the dough from the long side, making sure that this is done tightly to prevent large holes in the roll when they are cut into cookies.
- Put the large roll into the refrigerator for 15 minutes so that the dough will hold it’s shape.
- Cut the roll into cookies, whatever thickness you prefer would be fine, I made mine a little thinner so I could make more cookies!
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- After the cookies have been baked, mix the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk together for the glaze.
- Add glaze to the top of the cookies once they have cooled for at least ten minutes.
I found this recipe from a wonderful blog that I have listed below! Make sure to check it out!
Don’t Forget the Sprinkles!