These cookies aren’t just pretty, but they are tasty too! Let me warn you, once you start eating them you just can’t stop. These cookies were inspired by a recent post I saw on Pinterest that instantly made my mouth water, and the best part is…they are extremely easy to make. These were a crowd favorite at the office this week and can almost guarantee that they were completely demolished in less than an hour. There is just something about the sweetness of the cookie and the tartness of the glaze that makes a perfect flavor combination that makes your tastebud’s explode! If you are looking for a quick and easy recipe that is still unique, this is the recipe for you. I would highly recommend these for a birthday party, bridal shower, or baby shower, because they are such a great cookie and great for special occasions and they still don’t break the bank or take up too much of your time. For the complete recipe see below.
- 8 oz of cream cheese, softened
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cream cheese, butter, and sugar together until well combined
- Add salt and flour and mix until well combined
- Add blueberries. If you want them to bleed into the cookies to create more of a purple color instead of the cookie just been white, mix well into the batter. if you want them to stay whole i would suggest folding them into the batter with a spatula.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Form into small sized balls and place in oven for 12 minutes or until edges and bottoms are golden.
- Squeeze juice of one lemon into a separate bowl and add powdered sugar to create your glaze. I also suggest adding a small amount of vanilla and milk, but this is not necessary.
- Drizzle glaze over cookies as desired.
See link below for inspired recipe:
Don’t Forget the Sprinkles!